This summer bring God’s goodness to our community and beyond. Individuals, families and groups can choose from the following and register your choice by e-mailing email@example.com.
1. Write birthday cards to missionaries. Here are websites with missionary birthdays.
Bring to church office for mailing.*
2. Volunteer for child care for residents at Hope House. Information on times available in the church office. Call Joyce Michaels at (318) 487-2061 to arrange dates and times. School-age kids welcome.*
- Youth recreation time: Tuesday-Friday, 1-4 p.m. or Mondays, 3-5p.m.
- Tutoring: 9 a.m. to Noon
- Activities for school-age children: Friday mornings
- Childcare while mothers in class: 6-7 p.m.
3. Make a basket for homebound members and have “tea time” with them. Call Karen Weems at (318) 640-8667.*
4. Sing or play musical instruments at Canterbury House, Marigold or Emeritus Assisted Living (formerly Kingsley Place). *
5. Friendship House – play games, visit with clients, sing, entertain, bring historical artifacts or demonstrations, do crafts. (318) 473-9054 *
6. Volunteer any day from 9 a.m. to Noon at Main St. Mission in Pineville. Sort and hang clothing, pack hygiene bags or snack bags. (318) 442-5803 *
7. Get a team together to serve meals at Manna House. Call early for open dates. (318) 445- 9053.
8. Make cookies or other snacks for H20 homeless event in EBC’s parking lot. Check church office for dates. Usually the 4th Thursday of the month.*
9. Do yard work for an elderly church member or an elderly neighbor free of charge. Contact the Homebound ministry (Karen Weems 318-640-8667) or deacon toolbox ministry (Butch Mackey 318-854-4126). *
10. Volunteer at the Food Bank. (318) 445-2773
11. Choose a mission project of your own. (think outside of the box!)